Friday, May 16, 2008

A Tribute

I sink to my knees in tearful prayer

Begging forgiveness for I know not what.

The pain almost unbearable,

A silent scream escapes my lips.

The world passes by unaware.

My soul is shattered, my heart broken.

Trust is utterly destroyed.

Adoring love is met with cold brutality.

The foundation of life eroded away,

I reach out and find only emptiness.

Full retreat, shutters closed.

I sink into darkness.

Agonizing silence.

Stark loneliness.

I grow smaller and smaller.

Then the gentle touch,

And a soft voice whispers,

I am here – for the duration.

I know your pain.

I have walked your path.

Walk with me and talk with me.

Together we will face your demons.

Hand in hand we will conquer your fears.

It will be a long, hard journey,

But you are no longer alone.

Whose hand touched you, you ask.

It was yours. You touched me and lifted me.

Whose voice did you hear?

It was yours – sharing your story.

You gave me strength to slowly open the doors.

Thank you for having the courage to share.

Thank you for having the strength to come each time.

Thank you for caring enough to listen.

Thank you for giving me hope.

Thank you for being you.


Written by Sharon, age 61